The XLRator team brings together a diverse range of people with different backgrounds, experience, knowledge and skills. It is this diverse mix that enables us to cover the broad range of initiatives, objectives and programs that we bring to the Region.
We provide a unique environment for employees by combining a flexible work environment with great exposure to the breadth of British Columbia’s growing advanced technology sector.
Interested in joining our team? We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
The Program Manager will report to the CEO, XLRator (www.xlrator.ca), and will be directly responsible for program management and marketing activities/initiatives as related to XLRator including website maintenance, social media coordination, and PR, program planning, program development, CRM maintenance & management, and XLRator event planning/logistics.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Coordinate and Develop an effective Program and Event Management schedule and execution plan.
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive schedule and gather customer feedback.
- Manage logistics as related to promotional activities and annual events.
- Fully comprehend XLRator programs in order to effectively communicate value and benefits to the market.
- Ensure constant awareness of any client, sponsor, or funder issues and ensure rapid response.
- Attract and secure sponsorships for programs and events.
- Maintain project tracking spreadsheets and calendars.
- Provide work directives, delegating responsibilities as necessary and removing obstacles in order to get work done.
- Work with CEO to build program outlines, plans, and implementation strategies.
- In conjunction with the team, makes timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments and organizational objectives.
- Leads program development and recruitment of new client intakes.
- Attends confidential management and board meetings, prepares agendas, meets or liaisons with individuals and groups on behalf of the management team.
- Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations for the resolution of problems and ensures successful implementation of the programs.
- Participate and Produce content for newsletters and email campaigns and manage Social Media.
- Produce newsletters, articles, and targeted media campaigns and manage ongoing processes and tasks associated with SEO and Ad-Word strategies – Drive daily online Media Analysis, activities and design on every facet of Online Marketing Campaigns.
- Execute targeted online marketing programs and manage and report Marketing ROI Metrics and input into the internal CRM.
- Support and maintain collateral including website, hard copy and print media.
- Support sales team as related to sales activities and coordinate outward bound sales campaigns, telemarketing projects, print advertising flyers, and newsletters.
- Support the Executive team in operations and execution of Marketing management.
- Generate leads and build awareness for the various programs that XLRator will be introducing.
- Work with and support XLRator Marketing Manager to build a strong online and community presence for the XLRator brand.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Strong handle on fundamental marketing concepts.
- Well versed in Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 3-5 years experience in a related field is an asset but not required.
- Experience in technology product or services environment is definitely an asset but not required.
- Knowledge of business applications – Outlook, Excel, Word, PPT.
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a desire and ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Possesses excellent research skills.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of being independently productive.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The desire and possession of personal and professional attributes to become part of an effective Marketing team.
- 8:30 pm – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Offices located in Abbotsford, BC.
Executive in Residence
Executive In Residence (EIR)
Program Director (PD)
Summary of Primary Job Functions
This individual is responsible for guiding our AG-Tech Venture Acceleration Program (AVAP) client companies from start-up to commercialization. By expounding on the tools they have been given through their initial training, the EIR guides them on their journey through regular and structured meetings and a diligent mentorship process. This individual analyses the client then sets objectives and goals that will best serve their development requirements. Develops and maintains organizational structure and ensures compliance with all procedures and policies of XLRator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in and adds to program development
- Ensures that the trainer, the training, and the training environment is maximized to the benefit of the client
- Ensures that the mentoring process is aggressively followed to the maximum benefit of the client
- Engages well with a broad cross-section of startups anywhere from those on startup to commercialization
- Executes all board-approved procedures and policies and Attends Board Meetings
- Provides leadership and value to clients through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication and time management
- Is cognizant of time constraints as a part-time EIR and works to maximize his/her impact within those constraints
- Attends and conducts staff meetings to disseminate pertinent information
- Oversees the preparation and updating of Training and related procedure manuals
- Is constantly updating himself regarding agricultural trends and changes
- Ensures administrative staff remains current to organization business and Board directives/approvals that affect their functions and areas of responsibility
- Works with the Program Director and Board of Directors on governance policy issues by providing support and by initiating approved recommendations or actions
- Ensures compliance with minimum standards in accordance with all government legislation (BCIC), regulations and guidelines pertinent to the organization’s role
- Ensures all information is regularly inputted into the CRM and that all quarterly, yearly reports are completed by their due dates
- Recommends to the PD and Board changes to policies and procedures that would improve the organization
- Submits all information, reports and records as requested and in a timely manner
- Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals that further the AVAP’S strategic objectives
- Is aware of purchasing policies budget restraints and does everything possible to meet these needs and objectives.
- Business degree as well as a history of entrepreneurial successes and experience at the CEO level. Intricate knowledge of the agricultural industry and experience in the agricultural technology space is essential.
To apply for this job please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]